The Menlo Park Green Ribbon Citizens' Committee invite you to join us in our "Drive Less Challenge" from April 22 - April 28.
As a group concerned about the environment and global warming, we all want to make a difference. Driving is the single biggest source of greenhouse gas pollution in California, and many of us drive alone much of the time. Small changes in how we drive add up to a big difference.
The Drive Less Challenge is a chance to think about how we get from place to place, and try out some changes. It starts on Earth Day and continues for a week.
Every day you log your trips, and look for practical alternatives to driving alone.
- Is it practical to carpool to the meeting?
- Bike to the store?
- Take the train to the city?
This is a chance to look for opportunities in our daily life to make the biggest impact that is in our hands.
Participants will be publicly recognized and there will be prizes for people who take green trips (bike, walk, carpool, or transit). We'll be able to see how others are doing and challenge each other to do more. We are proud of what we're doing here in Menlo Park to be proactive on climate change, and think that this is a great way to have a greater impact as a community.
There are many ways to succeed, with recognition and prizes for:
- Green action - 3 or more trips where you don't drive alone
- Fewest drivealone trips in a week
- Fewest drivealone trips in your group (neighborhood, school, work, other group)
- School with the most students participating
- Workplace and neighborhood with the most participants
We are looking forward to taking action by committing to the Drive Less Challenge, and hope you will join us. Go to http://www.drivelesschallenge.
You can help achieve more change by spreading the word:
- Send an email to friends and family: Please copy and paste this blog post into your email program to send to 5 people
- Share with a Group: Please forward that email to a list of people who would want to know about the challenge - at work, school, neighborhood, organization, faith community
Post Posters: Print a poster and put it a window. Or print cards and hand them out. Printing files are here: http://drivelesschallenge.
Become a Sponsor: If you are a local business, or know local business people who want
to sponsor with prizes, ask them for sponsorship, using this form: http://drivelesschallenge.com/
For more information about spreading the word and sponsorship, contact Adina Levin, firstname.lastname@example.org